A data warehouse architect is an IT specialist who is responsible for examining the clients’ needs and brainstorming to create Data Storage—maintaining IT infrastructure for the client. They are responsible for designing and developing the data warehouse for the company. That should align with their output goals. Data Warehouse Architects work hard to create flow and management of data. This helps to bring business procedures and technology together. They continuously work to improve efficiency by improving the data flow and maintenance of the overall business.
Responsibilities of a Data Warehouse Architect
A data warehouse architect must be able to work with extreme efficiency. An employee in any field is required to exhibit certain characteristics that would make the working environment pleasant for them and the other workers around them. These characteristics are known as soft skills. Soft Skills at any workplace include things such as friendly behavior, being highly motivated, passionate, good attention to detail, and most of all, respect towards other co-workers.
However, the core responsibilities are also mandatory to be fulfilled, but any negligence in fulfilling these soft skills and responsibilities can also have a heavy impact on the job. Moreover, there are multiple things that a data architect must be capable of performing, but we list the essential ones below. A data Warehouse Architect must be able to carry out duties, such as:
- Be able to gather client requirements and understand the complete business model.
- Must know how to develop an IT infrastructure.
- Be able to design the entire workflow model of the business.
- Understand and use the latest technological advancements.
- Find weak points because they might collapse the entire framework. Once found, they work to improve them.
- Test the systems and ensure certain parameters, such as accuracy, accessibility, and security of the complete design.
Education and Training
Here are the least academic qualifications that you need to achieve before becoming a data warehouse architect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science with any of the relevant fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT.
- A Master’s degree can be sometimes required to withhold the opportunity at several places.
- An intermediate level in the following skill sets:
- Application server software
- Database Management System software
- Data Mining
- Visualization & Tools
- Data Modeling Tools
- Business Analysis.
Licensing and Certifications
There aren’t any professional certificates or training required for this field. But if you achieve any certifications related to data warehouse architect training. It will surely help in getting you a good position. These certifications include:
- Certificate in Data Management Professionalism
- Certificate in Data Architecture (Preferably from IBM)
- TOGAF Certification Program
The minimum average salary for a data warehouse architect is somewhere around $143,000 per year. This is equivalent to making almost $12,000 per month. You can go way beyond this average income. However, all you need is hard work and determination.
The Rise of the Industry
The scope for this particular job rose with the expansion of the IT industry. As more and more businesses are moving online and implementing technology in their work, the demand for expert data warehouse architects is on the up.
Do you want to become a data warehouse architect? Surely, we will guide you through this, but keep in mind that finding your first job can be difficult. First, you will need to gather the correct training and experience in the field and gradually work your way up. It can also take a while to score your first position as a data warehouse architect, but consistent work will yield you positive results in the long run.
It’s advisable to start with the lowest possible field salary to give yourself a chance to build a portfolio. You can start by researching development-related job searching platforms. These include platforms like Turing.com and indeed.com. However, if you want the comfort of letting us do the job for you, you can check out our website, and we will have the best offers available. Click here to check out the latest data warehouse architect jobs.