Definition of an Account Officer:
An Account Officer handles the financial record keeping of an organization. An Account Officers prepare the invoices, record payments, and manage the expenses of the organization.
Responsibilities of an Account Officer:
There are some mentioned responsibilities of an account officer resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs.
- Help Country Director with general account procedures
- Study programs conditioning as well as budget and gain relevant market information to ensure procurement of quality goods
- Maintain the detailed, accurate, up to date budget information for each program area as well as general operations to inform decision making by Company Director and Team Leads
- Help Team Leads in establishing the annual budget and making relevant and essential changes throughout the year.
- Admit requests for logistics from Team Leads as well as compare with popular allocations.
- Conduct market audits, gather invoices, select the best offer and make a request to the Company Director for blessing.
- Prepare vouchers and cheques for the release of finances and procure logistics as approved.
- Ensure maximum compliance of duty laws, especially with withholding taxes in all purchases.
- Train payment validations and bills and keep soft duplicates of all payments and receipts using Excel or any accounting software.
- Communicate purchases information to Team Leads and Company Director and reconcile numbers quarterly. Address all differences that may arise.
- Keep inventory of all Self-Help International’s property and modernize the inventory book yearly.
- Admit financial statements daily for all association’s accounts from the bank and reconcile all deposits and withdrawals.
- Work nearly with the auditor by assembling and giving all necessary financial documents and information for auditing
Education and Training:
Educational requirements and certifications are an important part of scoring your first job. If you have done a specific specialization in any field of your interest. You must know what kind of educational requirements you need to fulfill to score this job. That is why we are also providing you with a complete list of academic qualifications that you need to achieve before applying for this job.
- A minimum qualification of Bachelors in subjects such as Accounting, Purchasing, Supply, Business Management, or any related discipline.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Excel
- 2 years prior experience in an accounting role at a nonprofit organization.
Sometimes Education is not enough. You must also know about the skills that you will be required to perform a certain job. Skills are the basic understanding and your ability to perform something with extreme efficiency. However, industries and companies nowadays don’t just require job-related skills. Soft skills are also in high demand among every other industry.
However, here are the skills you require to become an account officer:
- Capability to think critically in the decision-making process
- High standard of ethics in analyzing the use of resources
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent critical reasoning abilities
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Capability to manage as well as handle the multiple tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good time management ability
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proficient to work well with the team.
- Proficiency in the MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to the detail.
The national average payment of an account officer is $43,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $4,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Do you want to become an account officer? Indeed, we will guide you about this but keep in mind that finding your first job. It can be a bit difficult for you at the start as you have no prior training or experience with real-world problems. But, we recommend you to start with even the lowest possible field salary if you get the chance.
Now, the question may arise, Where will I find my first opportunity? Here are the steps you can try out to get your first designation in the field. Firstly, we recommend you check out job searching platforms. These include venues such as zippia.com and indeed.com. But As always, if you want the comfort of letting us do the job for you. You can check out our website. We will have the best offers for you right away.