Definition of an Account Manager Employee Benefits:
The Account Manager employee Benefits is responsible for assisting Benefits clients and the Benefits Group Account Executives and will perform the essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency. The Account Manager Employee Benefits will report to the Benefits Department Manager.
Responsibilities of an Account Manager Employee Benefits:
There are examples of responsibilities of account manager-employee benefits representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs.
- The modification is beneficial to determine the best coverage alternatives when necessary.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Account Manager and Producer regarding druthers for the group.
- Communicate renewal terms to customers and work with the Account Manager to negotiate the renewal terms with carriers when necessary. Maintain open lines of communication with the Account Director and Producer during this time.
- Gain group premium, registration contracts, and group coverage agreements when necessary and submit them timely to the insurance carrier for processing.
- Maintain own follow-up and suspension train within the Agency Management System on outstanding exertion and correspondence. Follow up on all particulars completely and timely.
- Maintain group account files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Facilitate renewals and new business as directed by Department Manager.
- Maintain group account information in Agency Management System by establishing conversations regarding benefit problems, claim difficulties or carrier options to be evaluated at the time of group renewal.
- Demonstrate observation in rating applications and procedures for all types of group policies. Use web spots to gain information as necessary to help guests.
- Explain Content and rejections to customers as necessary.
- Keep Account Managers as well as Producers completely informed of important activities or challenges on their accounts.
- Gain proffers and induce coverage comparisons for renewal business as needed.
- Perform all conduct relating to the public, guests, and companies in a manner that will avoid issues involving implicit crimes and deletions or loss of business.
- Partake in seminars and other training opportunities for knowledge and skill development, and maintain needed licenses for current position.
- The part takes knowledge that’s useful to the department.
- Demonstrate understanding of employee benefit programs and coverage and capability to communicate effectively with implicit and existing customers or their workers regarding these benefit programs.
Education and Training:
Employers may prefer a college degree, but many do not need any secondary education. Some employers can accept a college degree in a business-related field instead of job experience. If you do not have a degree, you require at least a year of experience working with employee benefits at an entry-level position.
- A Bachelor’s Degree/ higher is preferred
- 1 to 4 years employee benefits administration or group insurance experience
- Technical knowledge of the insurance coverage’s
- Strong self-starter and able to self-manage workload to ensure group accounts are satisfied
- Must be detail-oriented, charismatic, professional,
- Capability to work in fast-paced, multiple tasking and deadline-sensitive environments.
- Proficiency in verbal as well as written communication skills
- Basic computer or data entry skills
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Good customer service to new and existing groups or clients at all times.
The national average payment of account manager-employee benefits is $62,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $4,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
So, finally, we are here with the conclusion of the whole discussion. We have overlooked the definition of account manager-employee benefits. Moreover, we also discussed what roles are there in the market that need to be performed. After a detailed discussion on the topic, we mentioned the educational requirements and skill set requirements. Then, Lastly, we checked out what the salary expectations can be in this field. But, now to answer the final query in your mind.
Yes, we know you are wondering where I can apply for this designation. Don’t worry. We have you covered with this as well. You do one of the two things. Firstly, you can search for opportunities online. You can do this by checking out some of the efficient Job searching platforms. Secondly, you can visit our website’s main page. Then you can search for any desired designation to get the most feasible open positions.