Definition of Account Maintenance Representative:
The Account Maintenance Representative is responsible for entering new account information, changing the information on existing accounts. They perform several other tasks such as recording transactions, answering customer inquiries. Moreover, it includes receiving, classifying, consolidating, and summarizing documents and information, completing reports, and lastly providing administrative support.
Responsibilities of Account Maintenance Representative:
There are some mentioned responsibilities of an account maintenance representative on resumes. That represents typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs.
- Request the managed care plans to customers on the company and public backing.
- Manage the off-base housing referral program through locally-establish programs as well as procedures and liaison with civil authorities and property possessors and directors.
- Apply Medicare, Company’s Health Maintenance Organization/ Preferred Provider Organization adjustments to patient accounts per contract.
- Update figure schedules and specific Current Procedural Terminologies (CPT) codes as demanded.
- Help in the orientation and training of new hires, including Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) protocols.
- Take provider calls and help in transferring provider packets as well as medical documentation for the veterans.
- Maintain critical confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
- Prioritize enrollments according to emergency needs.
- Contact veterans and give appointment details.
- Corroborate benefits and eligibility in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Corroborate insurance benefits and medical coverage for the emergency room.
- Review reports and transcriptions for accuracy and distribute within HIPPA regulations.
- Influence polish interpersonal and communication experience to make as well as nurture strong client connections and ensure client satisfaction.
- Coordinate communication across all package inflow system employment teams to troubleshoot specialized terrain and employment base issues witnessed during testing.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews, telephone interviews, and dispatch correspondence with prospective scholars to determine their educational requirements, enterprises, and interests.
- Complete A/R reports and submit them to the administrator per establish a time frame.
- Answer phone calls from cases and admits messages to relay to healthcare customers.
- Conduct site checks, resolve issues, educate staff/ providers on policies, collect credentialing information, as well as review HEDIS information.
- Register cases upon appearance by entering demographic and insurance information in the company’s system.
- Work nearly with Medicare cases helping them in the resolution of outstanding accounts.
Education and Training:
- A high school diploma / GED.
- A bachelor’s degree in subjects such as Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is advantageous.
- Proven experience in sales/customer service.
Skill can be thought of as the basic practical experience that anyone has to apply the knowledge learned via different mediums. Skills are as much important as education. You can also have skills without educational qualifications but those skills sometimes do not account. You have to have the basic and fundamental concepts of the subjects you are going to apply practically. Moreover, the combination of accurate skills and educational qualifications can lead to a better position within the industry.
So, let us check out the basic skill requirements for an account maintenance representative job:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The capability to multitask.
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The national average payment of an account maintenance representative is $59,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $5,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
So, finally, we are here with the conclusion of the whole discussion. We have overlooked the definition of an account maintenance representative. Moreover, we also discussed what roles are there in the market that need to be performed. After a detailed discussion on the topic, we mentioned the educational requirements and skill set requirements. Then, Lastly, we checked out what the salary expectations can be in this field. But, now to answer the final query in your mind.
Yes, we know you are wondering where I can apply for this designation. Don’t worry. We have you covered with this as well. You do one of the two things. Firstly, you can search for opportunities online. You can do this by checking out some of the efficient Job searching platforms. Secondly, you can visit our website’s main page. Then you can search for any desired designation to get the most feasible open positions.