Definition of an Account Executive:
The account executive works as a liaison between a company and an advertising agency. Most often, these workers attempt to sell an agency’s services to targeted customers by performing preparatory work in the hopes of signing the customer company. Working as an account executive means performing extensive research and learning all about the customers’ products, marketing goals, and needs. Frequently, account executives choose a targeted group, create an advertising concept, and develop a promotional campaign after becoming familiar with the company’s product. An Account executives work with a variety of the departments, such as marketing, copywriting, and the art departments, in order to create innovative advertising and marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities of an Account Executive:
There are some mentioned responsibilities of account executive resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs.
- Developing sales strategies and setting quotas.
- Staying current on company offerings and industry trends.
- Maintaining a database of the contact information.
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial connections with external connections and internal departments to create a better client experience.
- Handling complaints and negotiations.
- Providing support for the clients by learning about and satisfying their requirements.
- Making cold calls or reaching out to prospects.
- Follow up with the prospects several times throughout the deals cycle to ensure requirements are being met.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of the products and services to prospective buyers.
- Collecting and analyzing data to find trends.
Education and Training:
The account executed needs to have at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, advertising, journalism, or marketing. Normally, some larger companies may prefer that an applicant graduate with a Master of Business Administration (MBA). After completing school, individuals can continue their education through internships and on-the-job training. So, no certifications or licenses are required to work as an account executive.
You may also be capable to work towards qualifications from professional associations, such as:
- IPA Foundation Certificate, an online course for the junior staff with at least six months experience in any area of advertising
- IPA Excellence Diploma, for the middle managers with at least 3 to 5 years of experience
- Communication Advertising & Marketing Education Foundation (CAM)
- Diploma in Marketing Communications for this you will need a degree or equivalent, or at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to do multitasking skills
- Budget management and sales skills
- Account management skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinker skills
- Presentation skills to build strategies
- Strong speaking skills and strong leadership
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office and CRM software.
The national average payment of an account executive is $65,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $4,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
As we have completed our discussion about the account executive designation. We informed you about the various aspects anyone needs to know while they are looking for jobs. We think it is our righteous duty to provide our readers with the most authentic and valid information. So, we told you about aspects such as basic definition, responsibilities, education & certifications, skill requirements, and salary. Now, it is time for us to show you the last and the most important information you require to start your path as an account executive.
Where to get Employment! This is one of the most important questions left for us to answer. So, the answer is that you can seek employment via any online job searching platform. These include many job searching platforms such as indeed, jooble, and a few others. You can also build up a linked profile and get started with sending connection requests to as many recruiters as you like. However, if you want to keep things simple and don’t want to worry much about the headache of finding the best opportunity for yourself. Akandle! Yes, we are here for you. Firstly, visit the main page of akandle. Then type in the job designation and select location. Hit Enter. Follow the simple steps and find the best opportunity right on your doorstep. It’s that simple