Definition of Account Administrator:
The accounting administrator is responsible for reviewing and analyzing account statements, managing deposits, and resolving bank discrepancies and financial disputes. The Accounting administrators handle the efficient and accurate cash flow within an organization, including payroll release and filing of petty cash. The accounting administrator must have extensive information of the accounting principles, as well as excellent communication and analytical skills to perform the duties effectively, even under minimal supervision.
Responsibilities of Account Administrator:
There are mentioned responsibilities of account administrator resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs. These responsibilities have to be strictly followed along with a few others we might have not mentioned. These responsibilities may change depending on the geographical location or the organization. However, here are the most common responsibilities:
- Manage personnel policies and procedures including payroll, benefits, holidays, and related employment matters.
- Examiner and resolve account overdue, return ACH and collection calls.
- Initiated/Implemented account software conversion from Easy to QuickBooks.
- Produce invoices for services using QuickBooks and collect outstanding accounts payable.
- Update daily transactions and monthly bank reconciliations on Peachtree for multiple businesses to help in the preparation of accurate financial statements.
- Update daily transactions and monthly bank rapprochements on Peachtree for multiple businesses to help in the medication of accurate financial statements.
- Manage cash flow; online banking initiates ACH deals, deposits, and transfers of finances.
- Prepare all documents necessary for the accounting department including organizing payroll and managing charges.
Education and Training:
Education and Training are such important aspects while searching for any job. You must know what are the minimum and maximum academic qualifications that are required for a certain job. This will help you filter your job search and provide more insight into what you can expect from your overall routine. Moreover, salary expectations and a few other things can be identified using this simple metric.
So, let’s look at the educational and training requirements for an account administrator job:
- The associate’s degree in accounting, business, administration, or similar.
- At least 1 (one) year of accounting experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
- A solid understanding of the financial processes such as bookkeeping and tax filing.
- The capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy.
- The capability to collaborate with coworkers, clients, and suppliers.
Sometimes Education is not enough. You must also know about the skills that you will be required to perform a certain job. Skills are the basic understanding and your ability to perform something with extreme efficiency. However, industries and companies nowadays don’t just require job-related skills. Soft skills are also in high demand among every other industry.
However, here are the skills you require to become an account administrator:
- Give Attention to detail and good teamwork
- Good Customer Service
- Math’s basics skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Computerized Accounting skills
- knowledge with spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Excellent quality management tools such as Six Sigma and TQM
- Problem Solving and able to do multiple tasks
- Time management and working Independently
The national average payment of an account administrator is $46,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $4,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Do you want to become an account administrator? Indeed, we will guide you about this but keep in mind that finding your first job. It can be a bit difficult for you at the start as you have no prior training or experience with real-world problems. But, we recommend you to start with even the lowest possible field salary if you get the chance.
Now, the question may arise, Where will I find my first opportunity? Here are the steps you can try out to get your first designation in the field. Firstly, we recommend you check out job searching platforms. These include venues such as zippia.com and indeed.com. But As always, if you want the comfort of letting us do the job for you. You can check out our website. We will have the best offers for you right away.