Definition of an Accessioner:
An accessioner is responsible for receiving and verifying samples, labeling and preparing specimens according to their purpose, updating databases, disposing of waste properly, and examining samples for any contamination. Moreover, the accessioner works at laboratories where they’re primarily in charge of managing and organizing samples, assisting scientists as demanded. They may also answer customer and staff inquiries, providing them with accurate information similar to timelines and results.
Responsibilities of an Accessioner:
Here are the responsibilities of an accessioner’s resume. Which represents typical tasks they are likely to perform in their jobs.
- Manage microbiology processing, client care accounts, firmed splits, shootouts, and cytology processing.
- Prepare samples for FedEx shipments.
- Follow company programs and procedures, including OSHA guidelines.
- Produce croaker’s schedules daily through EMR and Microsoft operations.
- Admit, sort, enter samples of mortal instances into LIMS.
- Accession routine, stat; shoot out orders and patron accounts.
- Maintain cleanliness of the lab station as well as perform QC checks on tests requested.
- Train all paperwork in order and distribute it to the appropriate QC lockers.
- Cleave to OSHA regulations, safety policies, and blood-borne pathogen guidelines.
- Admit, organize and label samples to be brought to the laboratory via FedEx.
- Verify patient information and enter ordered tests into the medical database in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Experience with drug screening, breath analyzers, stress test case fix, and patient triage.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as needed as well as a proper chain of custody for irreplaceable specimens.
- Prepare instance for analysis and testing
- Accession clinical, pathology, cytology, and surgical specimens
These roles are not easy to tackle. Moreover, other behaviors are also monitored such as timeliness, communication skills, quality of work, mind storming skills, problem-solving, as well as analytical decision making. These are all part of the core responsibilities that help individuals create a peaceful working environment. Nevertheless, let’s look at the educational requirements of an accession.
Education and Training:
An Accessioner needs to be lightly educated to do the job. This is because education provides the basic knowledge about how to perform the job. After knowing, you may require additional training to get on the boat of services. However, here are the educational requirements for this designation:
- The Accessioners need a high school diploma and GED.
- You also need 1 year’s experience of similar work.
There are several skills that you would have to attain before pursuing the career. These may include basic skills or a few high-level job-specific skills that you would require. However, you have to possess all of these before applying for the job because your performance will be judged on these parameters only. These include things such as:
- Professional with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Capable typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Capability to perform to a high level of accuracy.
- Capability to handle the biological materials.
- Capable to handle toxic and caustic chemicals safely
- Able to work independently
- Attention to the detail
- Dependable and punctual
The national average payment of an accessioner is $35,000 per year in the United State. So; they can earn $3,000 per month. The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
So, finally, we are here with the conclusion of the whole discussion. We have overlooked the definition of an Accessioner. Moreover, we also discussed what roles are there in the market that need to be performed. After a detailed discussion on the topic, we mentioned the educational requirements and skill set requirements. Then, Lastly, we checked out what the salary expectations can be in this field. But, now to answer the final query in your mind.
Yes, we know you are wondering where I can apply for this designation. Don’t worry. We have you covered with this as well. You do one of the two things. Firstly, you can search for opportunities online. You can do this by checking out some of the efficient Job searching platforms. Secondly, you can visit our website’s main page. Then you can search for any desired designation to get the most feasible open positions.