Definition of an Academic Success Coordinator:
The Academic Success Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily academic programs to ensure quality targeted programming and priority outcomes. That includes accountability for member participation, data collection, and benchmarking of program effectiveness in the area of academic development.
Responsibilities of an Academic Success Coordinator:
Here are some responsibilities of the academic success coordinator such as following:
- They are responsible for ensuring that Academic programs are developed as well as implemented in the areas of stride, STEM, Power Hour, and Knowledge programs.
- Responsible for icing that program data is entered into the member tracking system
- Figure and maintain connections with members and their families
- Partner with local seminaries to support members academic achievement
- Responsible for ensuring that quantitative and qualitative measures are developed and implemented
- Ensure quality and effective programs.
- They are responsible for evaluating academic-based programs and activities.
- Develop programs and activities that prepare youth for success in agreement with our charge and vision.
- Approach challenges and cooperative efforts with a strengths-based and positive attitude
- Take part in county-wide program quality improvement efforts.
- Supervise the other staff when assigned to support the academic achievement programs
- Marketing and promotion of programs to retain and promote academic programs
- Responsible for maintaining the safety of assigned program areas
- Accountable for demonstrating and incorporating into programs the organization’s core values
- Take part in special programs or events as directed by the Program Director or Branch Director.
- Take action in researching best practice programs and proven methods for youth development.
- In cooperation within the Boys & Girls Clubs Movement and throughout the field of Youth Development.
These are some of the core responsibilities that an academic success coordinator has to perform. However, there are a few other behavioral characteristics that are as important as these core responsibilities. These characteristics are not the core requirements of the job, but practicing them would surely help in making the workplace a better place for everyone around you. These include soft skills such as being friendly, respect towards coworkers, attention to detail, critical thinking capabilities, and problem-solving.
Education and Training:
The educational requirements for an academic success coordinator are a bit higher than normal. Checking the educational and certification requirements of any job provides you with insights on the job. However, this step must be analyzed before even beginning your actual higher academic studies. So, you must know what kind of education can get you hooked up with the career you want.
However, the educational requirements for a success coordinator are as follows:
The academic success coordinator needs a Master’s (M.A. or M.S) degree in Higher Education, Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely related field. Three years of progressively responsible work in student services or related student success programs.
Let’s just go through all the training and skill you need to have to get a career as an academic success coordinator:
- Proficient skill with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organization and attention to detail,
- Professional presence, strong customer relations skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Expertise in youth development principles,
- Ability to motivate youth in a positive way
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers
- Capability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Capability to learn as well as implement new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to pass a national criminal background check and drug test that meets federal law •
- Capability to work varied hours to meet organizational demands
The national average payment of an academic success coordinator is $48,000 per year in the United States. So, they can earn $4,000 per month. Approximately their hourly pay is $20.The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors. These include things such as education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Getting your first job is a critical yet very crucial stage. You should have all the necessary certifications and qualifications. However, if you don’t know where to look for a suitable job, you might end up wasting your precious time looking in the wrong place through inaccurate means. So, what can you do? Worry no more. We have got you covered because we can show you the best opportunities in your country, or even in your city. Firstly, Visit our website’s main page. Then you have to search for your desired job opportunity using our advanced job searching engine.