Definition of an Academic Services Coordinator:
The Academic Services Coordinator is responsible for working with the team to provide curricular leadership across subject areas under the direction of the Director of Academic Services.
Responsibilities of an Academic Services Coordinator:
An academic services coordinator inferior staff in the daily performance of their jobs performs duties such as:
- Manage electronic communication among all stakeholders
- Produce, maintain, cancel search queries and close caseloads within the Salesforce.
- Practice calculus expertise by teaching others in addition to learning different ways to reach others.
- Request credentials and calculate accretive hours, points and GPA from all colleges and universities attended.
- Make graphics for digital and print displays to be shown at events, on-campus and online.
- Instructor college scholars in algebra, math, and other UNL calculation classes in a one-on-one setting.
- Participate in conferences with instructors, administrators, nurses, counsellors, parents, and scholars to address students’ requirements.
- Conduct academic research resulting in scholarship awards.
- Establish SEVIS information operation and institutional compliance programs.
- Work considerably with PeopleSoft and Report Mart computer programs.
- Instructor first-generation college students in general and organic chemistry
- Coordinate with program coordinators on community and college sponsor events.
- Stream-Line month-end meeting to determine which service coordinators are experiencing issues without judgments.
- Design and introduce a new lead strategy for prospective scholars and Salesforce documentation.
- Instructor first-generation, low-income college scholars primarily in introductory biology and chemistry courses.
These are some of the core responsibilities that an academic service coordinator has to perform. However, there are a few other behavioral characteristics that are as important as these core responsibilities. These characteristics are not the core requirements of the job, but practicing them would surely help in making the workplace a better place for everyone around you. These include soft skills such as being friendly, respect towards coworkers, attention to detail, critical thinking capabilities, and problem-solving. Let’s check out some of the most common educational and training requirements all around the world.
Education and Training:
The educational requirements for an academic services coordinator are a bit higher than usual. Checking the educational and certification requirements of any job provides you with insights on the job. However, you must perform this step before even beginning your actual higher academic studies. So, you must know what kind of education can get you hooked up with the career you want.
However, the educational requirements for a service coordinator are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is needed
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline is needed
- Five years of progressive work experience
- Experience in a post-secondary education environment
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Degree or other credentials in the fields such as higher education, academic counselling and educational policy
The skills of an academic services coordinator include qualities such as listed below:
- Excellent writing and public speaking experience.
- Outstanding organizational and planning capacities.
- Strong capability to work effectively with individuals and groups.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of educational methods and theory.
- Ability to work with businesses as well as the community to develop effective partnerships.
- Desire to serve as a team player
- Capability to facilitate groups
- Outstanding problem solving and conflict resolution experience.
- Excellent leadership expertise
- Power to work a flexible schedule, including work as directed outside of the academy calendar
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and analytical thinking ability.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- Attention to the detail
The national average payment of an academic services coordinator is $44,000 per year in the United States. So, they can earn $4,000 per month. Approximately their hourly pay is $20.The payment ranges can vary widely depending on so many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Getting your first job is a critical yet very crucial stage. You should have all the necessary certifications and qualifications. However, if you don’t know where to look for a suitable job, you might end up wasting your precious time looking in the wrong place through inaccurate means. So, what can you do? Worry no more. We have got you covered because we can show you the best opportunities in your country, or even in your city. Firstly, Visit our website’s main page. Then search for your desired job opportunity using our advanced job searching engine.