A software architect is a software designer who works to create the logical designs of any required software. The person effectively communicates with the customers to gather requirements; mainly with a team of software engineers. An architect has the authority to make crucial decisions regarding the design of the software, which includes software coding standard tools and platforms.
How the software behaves is heavily affected by the decisions made by a software architect. So, they need to be correctly rendered and to be effective. A software architect needs to make smart decisions for executive software design. They serve multiple roles in an organization, such as Programmer, Marketer, and Designer.
A software architect must be able to work with extreme efficiency. An employee in any field must exhibit specific characteristics that make the working environment pleasant for him and the other workers. These are known as soft skills. Soft skills at any workplace include things such as friendly behavior, being highly motivated, good attention to detail, and most of all, respect towards other co-workers.
However, the core responsibilities are also mandatory to be fulfilled, but any negligence in fulfilling these soft skills and obligations can also impact the job. A software architect must be able to perform the following tasks at a workplace:
- Researching and programming, planning and designing, applying software architectural design and development procedures, and building codes and systems.
- Produces conceptual planning. Which includes renderings and documents.
- The planning and programming layout of project(s). Coordinates and integrates design for client review and approval.
- Using automated tools for project management.
- Working with the project manager to direct and supervise. Also, checking activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase.
- Perform extensive research to meet project specifications.
Education & Training
Usually, software architects must have at least these educational and training qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master in Science degree with subjects such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or even IT.
- 3+ years of experience within the field.
- Understanding and knowledge of programming languages. This also includes requirements gathering and designing systems.
Certification & Skills Required
- As a software architect, you must provide practical and logical design solutions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Practical interpersonal skills and collaborative management style.
- Should be able to learn new things and understand the technological advancements.
- Must be technically creative and open-minded.
There are absolutely no limits on how much you can earn in this field, but the minimum average salary for a software architect is somewhere around $140,000 per year. This sums up to making almost $12,000 per month. However, the job opportunities are limitless, and you could go way beyond this average income after enough experience. All you need is hard work and determination.
The Rise of the Industry
As we previously mentioned, the scope for a software architect is huge and will continue to rise as the IT industry expands. More and more businesses are shifting to an online model and implementing technology in their working systems. This has created a whole demand for bulk software architects within the industry. So, now may be the perfect time to move into this field.
Where can you find the most suitable offers for Software Architects? The first step is to arm yourself with the relevant training, qualifications and work experience to get a foot in the door. Then you will need to research the right job for you. But, we recommend you to start with even the lowest possible field salary if you get the chance.
We recommend you check out development-related job searching platforms. These include platforms like Turing.com and indeed.com. But, as always, if you want the comfort of letting us do the job for you. Then you can check out our website. We always have the best offers for you right away. Click here to check out the latest Software Architect jobs.