A teacher is a person who communicates and shares his or her knowledge with the upcoming generations. A teacher builds the foundation of every society. They are responsible for educating the young generation through wisdom and knowledge. But, specifically, a 2-year-olds Preschool Teacher differs from all the other teachers. This is because they are responsible for the upbringing of a 2-year-old child and preparing them for the school years ahead. Let’s take a look at some of the responsibilities of a 2-year-olds preschool teacher while at work.
A 2-year-olds preschool teacher must be able to work with extreme care and attention. An employee in any field is required to exhibit specific characteristics that would make the working environment pleasant for them and the children they teach. These characteristics are called soft skills. Soft skills include good behavior, being highly motivated, being patient and showing respect towards others — all great characteristics of a preschool teacher.
However, the core responsibilities are also mandatory to be fulfilled, but any negligence in fulfilling these soft skills and obligations can also have a heavy impact on the job of a teacher. In fact, the responsibilities of a preschool teacher are more critical than any other teacher. They have to look after a 2-year-old child while teaching them the basics of school. So, the general responsibilities of a preschool teacher include things such as:
- Taking good care of all the pupils.
- Develop positive parent-school teacher relationships and promote parent-school teacher partnerships.
- Meet parents and inform them about the progress of their child.
- Create a positive, structured, learning, and safe environment for scholars.
- Develop class rules and set standards for positive ethical practices.
- Develop teaching methodologies that can be appreciated and loved by kids in class.
- Attend educational training and shops for professional growth.
- Appreciate each kid’s creativity and identify their areas of interest and development.
Education and Training
To be able to teach the youngest minds about various subjects, you must have a few academic qualifications, such as:
- Must have a four years Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to teaching.
- Take a national preschool teaching test to determine whether you are capable enough to be teaching kids.
- Gain multiple teaching certificates such as in preschool education certificate, early childhood education certificate, and early childhood special education certificate sometimes.
- Must have a training certificate from an approved and recognized institution.
License & Certificates
Being a teacher brings many responsibilities on one’s shoulders. You have to be highly qualified for this job. List of certifications that you require at some places are mentioned below:
- Early education teaching certificate.
- Early Special Education teaching certificate.
- Diploma in Elementary School Teaching.
- Gifted and Talented Education certificate.
As a teacher, a person must be concerned more about what they are teaching, rather than what they are earning. However, an average 2-year-olds preschool teacher makes about $36,200 per year, which equates to a monthly salary of about $3,000. Moreover, the wage may differ depending on whether you are a private or government teacher.
The Rise of the Industry
There is no risk to the industry at this time. It can’t even be counted as an industry or business, as the primary aim of schools is to educate, not to earn.
You can get employed as a teacher in any of your nearest institutes, assuming you are highly qualified for the position. We can guide you to the best role to suit your tastes, but remember that finding your first job can be difficult for you without prior training or experience. It can also take a while to score your first job in the field. But, we recommend you to start with even the lowest possible field salary if you get the chance.
Now, the question may arise: where will I find my first opportunity? The first thing you can do is to search online. We have specific platforms to choose from, such as Jooble, Indeed, and Akandle. Yes, Akandle may also have some of the best offers from your town, so be sure to take a look.